Monday, October 6, 2008

Practice Contractions

This Sunday, Eric & I were about 80 miles away from Seattle on a small trip. running errands in preparation of the baby. Sunday afternoon, as Eric drove, I got this sensation that my stomach was a giant toothpaste tube that was getting squeezed from the top. Eric saw me grab my stomach & asked me if Alex was kicking. I nodded because I didn't want to scare him. Another hr would pass by, & I'd feel that squeezing sensation again. Finally, I mentioned to Eric that I thought that I was having Braxton-Hicks (or "practice") contractions. Eric grew visibly anxious & spoke loudly to my stomach, "Alex, you need to stay in there for a few more weeks!"

Well, after a few more hrs, the squeezing sensations went away. Whew! Both Eric & I sighed a big sigh of relief. We can't wait to see Alex, but we just need a few more days to get things in order...

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi Catherine! keep the photos coming!